12 BAR LIFTING BAGS
Air-powered lifting bags used for lifting, moving, spreading and fixing loads.
Watch the video
Air-powered lifting bags are used for lifting, moving, spreading and fixing loads. Lifting bags are easy to manoeuvre in difficult positions due to their narrow starting thickness and low weight. The 12 bar (174 Psi) and 8 bar (116 Psi) bags may be applied at room temperatures of -20° to + 50° C and are suitable for underwater use.
Holmatro lifting bags for lifting, moving, spreading and fixing
Holmatro has developed a line of lifting bags for a wide range of industrial applications. The use of high quality materials and craftsmanship in combination with stringent quality control ensures safe operation. Our lifting bags are capable of lifting loads up to 96 tonnes with compressed air at a pressure of 12 bar (174 Psi) and 67 tonnes with compressed air at a pressure of only 8 bar (174 Psi). In comparison with hydraulic jacks, lifting bags have advantages such as the very small insertion height of approximately 3cm, fast operation, lightweight and practically maintenance-free. Typical applications include lifting, moving, spreading and fixing.
Holmatro lifting bags work like inflatable bags at a maximum pressure of 12 bar. They function according to the following principle: Force (F) = pressure (P) x surface area (A). In other words, the lifting capacity is equal to the area of contact. Because the area of contact decreases as the cushion is inflated, the reacting force also decreases. Lifting bags are usually inflated using compressed air and in some cases water or mortar.
Stronger, lighter and more flexible than steel
Our lifting bags are thin and light lifting devices made of high quality materials. The rubber compounds are reinforced with aramide fibers. These fibers are stronger, lighter and more flexible than steel. The bags are provided with profiled external surfaces to enable safe stacking of two bags on top of one another to effectively double the jacking height. The bags have quick-release couplings for connection to the air supply or accessories. The cushions can be used at temperatures ranging from -20° to + 50° C and are suitable for use under water.
Benefits of the Holmatro lifting bags
- Made of aramid reinforced nitril rubber NBR
- No corrosion
- Reinforced with 3 aramide inlays
- Highly flexible
- Proven durability
- Integrated carrying handle with capacity indication (12 bar lifting bags)
- For easy carrying
- Quickly pull the right lifting bag from storage
- Standard equipped with slider pads; easy insertion underneath an object (12 bar lifting bags)
- Clear indication of safety warnings, technical specifications and lifting height; safer and easier working (12 bar lifting bags)
- Center markings on all sides; easy positioning of a smaller bag onto a larger model (12 bar lifting bags)
- Non-slip surface with interlocking
- Maximum grip on all surfaces
- Interlocking when 2 bags are placed on top of each other
- Reflective markings on all corners and in center; optimal visibility in the dark
- Compliant with relevant safety standards; Meets EN 13731 and other legislative requirements
Watch the video here
and you will be convinced of the quality and versatility of this fantastic lifting tool.