Sales Excellence Director
This position is primarily responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing the Sales Excellence strategy for Holmatro North America. Sales excellence encompasses all elements of sales enablement, including but not limited to brand identity, strategic marketing, new product development launches, tactical marketing, product management, sales technical training, market research and competitor intel, pricing guidance, and sales and dealer/channel partner analytics and communication. This positon will oversee a team of both full-time and contracted employees. Ultimately, this position’s success will be measured by customer satisfaction, market share, revenue, and EBITDA growth, and new product launch revenue. The Sales Excellence Director has a functional link with the Global Marketing Team in the Netherlands.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establishes strategic marketing plans to achieve objectives for products and service in coordination with global marketing goals, in Rescue, Special Tactics, and After Market product lines
- Develops and executes strategic marketing programs to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share, tracking key metrics that show effectiveness of strategy and campaigns
- Manages North America sales excellence budget and negotiates contract terms with outside marketing agencies and suppliers
- Plans, promotes, and executes marketing events, including annual FDIC International trade show
- Create and implement structured data for sales team to drive effectiveness with dealer management, pricing, opportunity pipelines, and demand forecasting
- Oversees market pricing and production of price lists
- Coordinate closely with sales department to ensure that sales training aligns with marketing messages
- Ensures new product development launches in Holmatro North America are executed seamlessly, collaborating with sales, engineering, supply chain, product management, and the Netherlands
- Provides input for the global development road map
- Manages the training activities for the sales team and dealers ensuring that they are up to date on the latest trends, new product capabilities, and competitive analysis
- Provides input regarding product management and provides input and information to Product Management in Netherlands on matters related to the North American market
- Oversees execution of promotional activities including print, electronic media, trade show, direct mail, point-of-purchase displays, and signage
- Assists with preparation for Dealer Advisory Council meetings (3-4 per year) and follow-ups, designed to enhance business results and dealer success.
- Oversees customer database and approves the use of internal and external mailing lists
- Helps establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events internally and externally
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ethical Conduct – Acts with honor in all business dealings.
- Strong communication skills – Communicates with all levels of organizations appropriately. Knows when written or verbal dialog is most efficient and effective.
- Technical Capacity - Understanding and proficiency in all phases of own work and essential related jobs. Exhibits proficiency with software and other necessary business equipment. Takes a hands on approach to working in role and with team members.
- Customer Service skills - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds quickly, appropriately, and accurately to requests from internal and external customers. Remains calm and respectful when dealing with customers (internal & external). Follows up appropriately
- Organizational skills - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans
- Active listening skills – Gives full attention to what other people are saying, takes time to understand the points being made, asks questions as appropriate, and does not interrupt at inappropriate times.
- Social & Cultural Perceptiveness – Is aware of others' reactions and has empathy towards why people may react in certain ways.
- Critical Thinking – Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Attention to Detail – Demonstrates accuracy in all matters. Is timely, precise, and efficient with commercial communication and documentation.
- Collaboration & Teambuilding - Knows that by working together we make better products. Takes the time to listen to one another and our clients. Does their utmost for a common goal. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Business Acumen - Understands the potential business implications of decisions being made.
- Negotiation skills – Considers the needs of Holmatro and the customer and brings them together to create solutions that work for all parties.
Required Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in Marketing or related field.
- 10+ years of experience and a demonstrated track record of accomplishments in marketing and/or sales operations, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience with Marketing systems and software, Database software, Order Processing systems, and Project Management software preferred.
- Knowledge of 80/20 analysis preferred
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This position requires up to 25% travel. Some of the travel may be on the weekends.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some physical movement is required. This would require the ability to lift files, boxing goods, bending or standing as necessary.
The employee may be required to demonstrate tool use and man the booth at trade shows. This can involve lifting and/or moving items over 30 pounds. Light booth construction will require lifting and bending. Standing for long periods of time during tradeshows may also be required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, based in Glen Burnie, Maryland, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Holmatro Inc, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.