Regional Sales Manager, North Central
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is accountable for the development of the customer/product portfolio of Rescue Tools within their territory of the Northern American market in order to maximize turnover and margin results. They are accountable for managing their Regional Dealer Network, and establishing and Maintaining End User relationships.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and implements regional strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Directs channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals. Assigns sales territory to dealers
- Advises dealers, concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and assist dealers in promoting sales.
- Meets with key clients, assisting dealer with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Delivers sales presentations to current and potential customers and end users in coordination with dealer sales representatives.
- Physically demonstrate and explain the operation and use of products.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers’ needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Provide direct support to dealer sales personnel such as training on product use and company approved demonstration.
- Quote bid specifications and prices in accordance with company policies.
- Provide dealers with ongoing product and technical support.
- Maintain contact database using automated systems.
- Complete expense reports, sales reports and other paperwork as required.
- Provide feedback to company’s product design team so that products can be tailored to end user needs.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Participate in marketing events such as trade shows.
- Attend sales meetings, read related publications in order to obtain information about market conditions, trends, and industry developments.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills – Communicates with all levels of organizations appropriately. Knows when written or verbal dialog is most efficient and effective.
- Ability to influence – Persuades others in positive ways to see different and varied points of view.
- Active listening skills – Gives full attention to what other people are saying, takes time to understand the points being made, asks questions as appropriate, and does not interrupt at inappropriate times.
- Relationship building – Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time
- Social & Cultural Perceptiveness – Is aware of others' reactions and has empathy towards why people may react in certain ways.
- Negotiation skills – Considers the needs of Holmatro and the customer and brings them together to create solutions that work for all parties.
- Critical Thinking – Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Teamwork – Knows that things can turn out better when you work as a team. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Attention to Detail – Demonstrates accuracy in all matters. Is timely, precise, and efficient with commercial communication and documentation.
Required Education and Experience
- B.A or B.S. degree in business discipline
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, a high school diploma and a minimum of 8 years of sales experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of CRM & ERP systems with the ability to review and analyze sales data related to assigned territory, understanding of reporting on items such as Accounts Receivables, Sales History
- Knowledge of MS Office, including but not limited to; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience within sales of technical products
- Technical knowledge of and/or affinity with hydraulics, mechanics, and other industrial equipment
- Key Account Management experience
- Excellent communication skills. Bilingual speakers are a plus.
This position requires 60% travel. Some of the travel may be on the weekends, and involve international travel.
This job largely operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets. At times this position will be required to work in the field in remote locations such a junk yards and other car demolition sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee will be required to demonstrate tool use to dealers & End users. This involves lifting, holding and/or moving items over 50 pounds. Long periods of standing and light booth construction will be required for trade shows.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Holmatro Inc, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.