Frequently asked questions
- After use, what regular maintenance does my Holmatro equipment require?
- Are hydraulic rescue tools equally suitable for left- and right-handed people?
- Can Holmatro battery-operated tools be used in wet conditions?
- Can I stack two lifting bags on top of each other for more lifting height?
- Do Holmatro tools work under water as well?
- Do I have to clean the hydraulic hoses of my equipment every time after use?
- Do I need to change the oil, air filters and petrol filters of my Holmatro hydraulic rescue equipment?
- Does a Holmatro petrol pump always start?
- Holmatro has a range of compact lightweight hydraulic pumps like the PPU / TPU10+ and PPU / TPU15. Is the oil content of these pumps sufficient for all Holmatro hydraulic rescue tools?
- How can I measure the maximum cutting force in kN of a hydraulic cutter or combi tool?
- I often find statements from manufacturers concerning the thickness of round bar or flat bar their tools cut. How do I know a tool really cuts what the manufacturer claims it can cut?
- If a hydraulic tool like a spreader, cutter or ram is pressurised and holding a load, can I disconnect the hoses? If I do so, can I still operate the tool by turning the control handle?
- If I am lifting a load with a Holmatro spreader and all of a sudden the load increases to more than the spreader's capacity, does the spreader "collapse"?
- In practice, what does a cutting force in kN really tell me?
- Is it possible for a Holmatro tool to be operated by more than one person simultaneously?
- Is it possible to disconnect tools without switching off the pump?
- Often the specifications of cutters and combi-tools state the thickness of material profiles the tool can cut, e.g. 32 mm round bar. On what materials should these cutting values be based?
- To what level do I need to fill my Holmatro pump with oil?
- Up to what height can Holmatro equipment be used?
- What does CE have to do with the new European norm for hydraulic rescue equipment?
- What fuel does a Holmatro petrol pump run on?
- What international norms should I look out for when deciding on the purchase of new rescue equipment?
- What is the right tension for the main bolt of Holmatro tools?
- What parts of a tool do I need to grease?
- What should I pay special attention to when comparing different brands of hydraulic spreaders? Many brochures state very high spreading forces.
- What type of hydraulic oil do I need to use for my Holmatro hydraulic rescue tools?
- When a tool is pressurised, is it safe to put it on the ground?
- When I buy new hydraulic rescue tools, what do I have to pay attention to regarding new car technologies?
- Why are there so many different blade types for cutters, e.g. straight blades, parrot type blades or straight blades with a curved tip?
- Why are there various colour Holmatro hydraulic hoses. Do they indicate different capacities?
Find a dealer
To contact a Holmatro dealer, select a country from the list below:
Login as a dealer