Frequently Asked Questions
Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- After use, what regular maintenance does my Holmatro equipment require?
Every time you use the equipment: clean the couplers and do a visual check for damage, dirt, etc. Every 3rd to 5th time you use the equipment: check the tension of the main bolt and grease the equipment. Note: after particularly heavy use of the equipment, always check the tension of the main bolt and check whether greasing is necessary. For more information, consult your Holmatro dealer or your equipment manual. Apart from this very basic maintenance which you can do yourself, other periodic maintenance has to be carried out. Your dealer can provide more details.
- Are hydraulic rescue tools equally suitable for left- and right-handed people? This depends on the type of control handle. If a tool is operated by turning a control handle the tool is usually equally suitable for left- and right-handed people. If a tool is operated by a pushing device both left- and right-handed people can still use the tool, but the direction of opening and closing differs. This may lead to confusion. Also, a tool in action usually “finds its way”. Depending on the position of the tool and control handle it may not be equally easy for a right- or left-handed person to operate a tool with pushing device.
- Can Holmatro battery-operated tools be used in wet conditions?
Holmatro battery-operated tools are suitable for use in wet weather conditions. For more information on this topic, please refer to our press release.
- Can I stack two lifting bags on top of each other for more lifting height? Yes you can, but only with high-pressure lifting bags. Holmatro high-pressure lifting bags come with an interlocking profile. For reasons of safety, please make sure that the load is lifted on the middle of the lifting bag. If you stack two bags, place the top lifting bag centrally on the lower bag.
- Do Holmatro tools work under water as well? Yes, all Holmatro cutters, spreaders, combitools, rams, and hoses are suitable for use under water. Maximum depth allowed: 60 metres. For use in depths greater than 60 metres, special hoses are available on request. Certain hand pumps are also suitable for use under water. Please contact Holmatro for details.
Find a dealer
To contact a Holmatro dealer, select a country from the list below:
Login as a dealer