Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about maintenance of Holmatro rescue equipment
- After use, what regular maintenance does my Holmatro equipment require?
Every time you use the equipment: clean the couplers and do a visual check for damage, dirt, etc. Every 3rd to 5th time you use the equipment: check the tension of the main bolt and grease the equipment. Note: after particularly heavy use of the equipment, always check the tension of the main bolt and check whether greasing is necessary. For more information, consult your Holmatro dealer or your equipment manual. Apart from this very basic maintenance which you can do yourself, other periodic maintenance has to be carried out. Your dealer can provide more details.
- Do I have to clean the hydraulic hoses of my equipment every time after use?
It is always advisable to clean equipment after use. However, hoses are more vulnerable as they are dragged over the ground, and are more likely to come in contact with all kinds of substances. Especially when you suspect the hoses have been in contact with oils, acids, chemicals, etc. make sure you clean the hoses well with water and / or soap. Note: couplers always have to be cleaned. Dirt on the couplers may end up in the hydraulic system, despite the sieve that is integrated in the Holmatro system.
- Do I need to change the oil, air filters and petrol filters of my Holmatro hydraulic rescue equipment? We recommend you change the oil once a year. Over time oil will loose its lubricating effect. Air and petrol filters need to be cleaned, depending on dust conditions.
- To what level do I need to fill my Holmatro pump with oil? Engine oil you can fill to the maximum. Hydraulic oil can be filled to the maximum level indicated on the dipstick.
- What is the right tension for the main bolt of Holmatro tools? Checking the tension of the main bolt is particularly important for cutters and combitools. The right tension of the main bolt for all Holmatro cutters and combitools – 1000-series, 2000-series or 3000-series – is 100Nm, except for Holmatro cutter HS1412HU, this is 50Nm. The right tension of the main bolt for spreaders varies per model. Please check with your local dealer.
- What parts of a tool do I need to grease? You need to grease all moving parts. For the best type of grease, please contact your Holmatro dealer.
- What type of hydraulic oil do I need to use for my Holmatro hydraulic rescue tools? Every Holmatro dealer can supply you with the correct oil. Please check with your local dealer.
Find a dealer
To contact a Holmatro dealer, select a country from the list below:
Login as a dealer