Service & support
Frequently Asked Questions
Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I clean my hydraulic system if it has become contaminated? If the oil becomes contaminated the whole system needs to be flushed with new oil. Fully extend all the cylinders so all the oil is drained from the cylinders into the reservoir. Then drain all the contaminated oil from the reservoir. Clean the reservoir, and fill it with new oil and replace the filter. Disconnect the hoses from the cylinders bleed out the old oil from all hydraulic lines. Each hydraulic line will need to be bleed individually at each cylinder. Connect the fittings to the cylinders and re-bleed the hydraulic lines. Make sure the oil quality does not exceed ISO 4406: 1999 18/15/12.
- How can I determine what hydraulic system would be best for my boat? The correct hydraulic system for any boat depends on many variables such as type of boat and use. The best thing to do is consult your local Holmatro agent and discuss your particular boat and what you want the hydraulic system to achieve.
- How often should I change the oil and filter in my hydraulic system? The filter should be changed one year after the system is initially installed. The filter should be checked every year. Every 3 years the filter and oil must be replaced by new oil and filter.
- What information is needed to determine the correct size on a boom vang order?
Fax the vang sizing data sheet Vang Calculation. You must need to know E, P, weight of boom and weight of mainsail along with the placement of the boom vang lug and mast vang lug relative to the gooseneck in order to fill out the sheet. Once the sheet is completed Holmatro will recommend a vang size.
- What should be the oil cleanliness code for my hydraulic system? Holmatro demands oil quality of ISO 4406: 1999 18/15/12
Find a dealer
To contact a Holmatro dealer, select a country from the list below: